Recipe by mummamills
This is an old Australian favorite. Wonderful comfort food on a cold wet night, especially served with damper or scones!!!
Top Review by my2angels512
This was my first recipe I made with my pressure cooker. My family loved it even though I did'nt tell then what it was til they tried it . This was very tender, and very much worth the wait.
- 2 -3 oxtails, cut up
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- beef stock
- bouquet garni (or a tsp. mixed herbs)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat all over in a little oil, in a large pot.
- Add onion and carrot and stir through oil.
- Add crushed garlic, stock, (almost to cover) tomatoes and paste, sugar, bouquet garni and salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for about 2 hours (till the meat is falling off the bones).
- (pressure cook 30 mins, or crockpot 8 hours) Leave to cool, skim off fat; thicken with cornflour mixed with a little water.
- Meat can be removed from bones, just reheat after you take off the fat, and pick up each bone with tongs, the meat will just fall off.
- If it doesn't, it ain't cooked.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and greens.