Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Who wouldn't eat this edible owl.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagerefrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 18 white candy coating or 18 yellow candy coating, disks
- 18 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 9 pieces candy corn
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Set aside 4-1/2 teaspoons of dough for the ears. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls into nine mounds 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with nonstick cooking spray; flatten dough with glass to about 1/8-in. thickness.
- Position two candy coating disks on each cookie for eyes. Place a chocolate chip on each disk. Use 1/4 teaspoon of reserved dough to shape each ear; position on top of head.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately position a piece of candy corn on each cookie for beak. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
These are really cute! I used the peanut butter cookie dough recipe, #106711 (Skippy Quick Cookies) instead of the purchased dough..but, I wouldn't recommend adding the extra 1/2 C flour stated in the ingred list here if you do because I only added 1/4 c. and it was too dry and I had to go back and add more of the cookie dough recipe ingred. to bring it back to the right consistency. The only thing I would do differently next time is pinch the ear shapes on the flattened dough instead of adding them on...they tend to fall off after they are baked when they are attached instead of being all one piece (or, it could be my technique?;-)). I will definitely make these again next fall. Super simple and fun! Thanks :-)