Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from my SIL. This is a great appetizer.
- 25 mushrooms, large
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F .
- Melt butter in a 3 qt pan over low heat.
- Beat 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Breakup crab meat into small pieces and add to eggs.
- Add mayonnaise to eggs.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Chop up stems and add to egg mixture.
- Add onions, lemon juice, bread crumbs, salt & pepper, and paprika to egg mixture.
- Put mushrooms a few at a time into melted butter, coat, and place mushrooms, round side down, into a baking dish. Do all mushrooms.
- Spoon egg mixture from bowl into hollow of each mushroom.
- Pour remaining butter on top of mushrooms.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. After 15 minutes, sprinkle parmesan on mushrooms and finish baking.
We always LOVE crab and stuffed into mushrooms: YUMMMMY! We particularly loved the lemon juice and paprika, but really all the flavours blended so well. I admit to having also added minced garlic and a finely sliced leek; and I minced my onion. I've found that chopped onion can still be that bit crunchy after cooking which really does spoil a dish, so whenever cooking time is fairly short I tend to mince onion. As for adding the garlic and leek, they are two of my standard additions to onion: the subtle blend of flavours is just so delicious. Thank you Lavender Lynn, for sharing this delightful and delicious recipe that I know I'll be making again and again. I'm also going to try it using a blend of salmon and crab. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.