Prep 360 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from Family Time Daily Dish.
- crisco original nonstick cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hungry jack microwave ready butter-flavor maple-flavor syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 10 slices French bread (sliced 1-inch thick)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- cinnamon (optional)
- ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- SPRAY 13x9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, syrup and butter in small saucepan, over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, just until it begins to boil; remove from heat.
- Pour evenly in bottom of prepared pan.
- Arrange bread slices to fill pan in a single layer.
- COMBINE eggs, milk, vanilla and salt in large bowl beating with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Pour evenly over bread in pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired.
- Cover. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 350°F
- Uncover pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to cooling rack for 5 minutes to allow to set up.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.