Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a variation on a vegetable recipe from "New Dieter’s Cookbook" by Better Homes and Gardens. You can add Zucchini as I did, however, the zucchini cooks much faster so will not hold its shape. I still liked the added zucchini though. You can also add a little creol seasoning to give a zip. Makes 4 VERY generous servings!!
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in cubes
- 591.47 ml frozen carrots (or 2 large fresh carrots cut in chunks)
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml dried Italian herb seasoning (marjoram, thyme, rosemary and oregano)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut all vegetables and place in 13x9 baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine oil, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.
- Mix the oil mixture with vegetables to coat.
- Cover dish with foil and back for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil; stir vegetables and bak uncovered for another 5 minutes.
I loved roasted herb veg's. This is an easy recipe to make with a great outcome. Thanks to sparkspeople I found this recipe to try.
I love roasted vegetables. These are very good. I used some baby cut carrots and will probably add more next time. I also think that some bell peppers would make a nice addition. The garlic was left whole and a few more than recommended were tossed in. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*