Recipe by ellie3763
from Kathleen Daelemans' "Cooking Thin"
Top Review by tnllofton
Really good. Had for dinner tonight and my 2.5 year old thought it was "yum yum yum in my tum tum tummy, Mommy!" She had more than I did. We used tomatoes and basil from the garden and halibut caught by our neighbor. Delish
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 -15 garlic cloves, peeled
- coarse salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn into halves and thirds
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb white fleshed fish filets
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a 9 by 13-inch baking pan, combine tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/2 the basil.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, gently stir.
- Nestle fish in pan with tomatoes, place back in oven and continue roasting 7 to 10 minutes more or until fish is no longer translucent and tomatoes are just beginning to burst. Remove from oven.
- Divide fish among serving plates. Add remaining basil to tomatoes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Spoon over fish in equal portions.