1/10 Photos of Oven-Roasted Broccoli With Parmesan (Low Fat)
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
Broccoli has gotten a bad rap in the diet world. People are just so sick of eating steamed broccoli. Instead of steaming, roast it with some garlic and Parmesan, which give it a new life and take eating it from a chore to a delight. From The Most Decadent Diet Ever cookbook by Devin Alexander, author of The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb about 6 1/2 cups broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2Trim the broccoli, leaving about 1/2 inch of stem attached to the florets.
- 3Toss the broccoli in a large bowl with the Parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt to taste.
- 4Toss in the red pepper flakes, if using.
- 5Drizzle with olive oil and toss again until all of the florets are thoroughly coated.
- 6Transfer to a medium nonstick baking sheet an bake for 10 minutes.
- 7Then toss the broccoli again and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes, or until the florets are lightly browned and tender.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Roasted Broccoli With Parmesan (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat parmesan cheese