Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Broccoli has gotten a bad rap in the diet world. People are just so sick of eating steamed broccoli. Instead of steaming, roast it with some garlic and Parmesan, which give it a new life and take eating it from a chore to a delight. From The Most Decadent Diet Ever cookbook by Devin Alexander, author of The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
- 1 lb about 6 1/2 cups broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Trim the broccoli, leaving about 1/2 inch of stem attached to the florets.
- Toss the broccoli in a large bowl with the Parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt to taste.
- Toss in the red pepper flakes, if using.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss again until all of the florets are thoroughly coated.
- Transfer to a medium nonstick baking sheet an bake for 10 minutes.
- Then toss the broccoli again and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes, or until the florets are lightly browned and tender.
- Serve immediately.