Butter Steamed Broccoli
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- Cut the broccoli into florets, discarding stems or reserving for another use.
- Combine the florets with butter, soy sauce and 1/4 inch water in a skillet large enough to hold the florets in a single layer.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, 1 -3 minutes longer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir florets to coat with sauce and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved this simple, easy recipe. I cooked it about 5 minutes after removing the lid. I used too much water so it didn't evaporate (I always have trouble judging how much to put in the pan) so I just removed the florets with a slotted spoon. I have broccoli all the time and this recipe is a welcome addition to my recipe file!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>