Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from a Crisco cookbook. It's especially great when you have guests and want to serve something nice without having to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. We serve this every Christmas morning (you know how hectic it can be); so I can enjoy the festivities, too. Scrambled eggs go nicely with this.
- 2 cups pancake mix (I use Aunt Jemima Buttermilk)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling (we like apple)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pancake mix, milk, eggs and oil and mix until nearly smooth.
- Pour into a 13 x 9" greased baking dish.
- Top with the pie filling and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and cut into desired serving sizes.
- CAUTION: the fruit stays very hot.
- Serve with plenty of warm maple syrup.
This was really nice! I used my own home-made pancake recipe that was roughly 2 cups of dry ingredients. To stick w/my own recipe, I did increase the milk another 1/4 cup and the veg oil by another T. Then, I made my own blueberry pie filling using recipe #159429. I sprinkled some strawberries over that, and baked it. It was great! I will make it for brunches, for sure!
I am not a pancake fan, but my family loves them. I tried this recipe this morning and you received 5 stars from them. My daughter and son-in-law being new parents thought this would be a quick easy recipe for them to use when they have guest. Such an easy recipe with a great taste. Thank you for sharing.
Tasty and easy to make -- except that when I got to the store to buy pancake mix, I didn't know whether to buy the "just add water" kind or the "add eggs, oil, etc." kind. I bought the latter, since the recipe calls for eggs and so forth, and it was a success.