Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
I love these hope you do too. they are fewer in calories than most. Not sure where I got this recipe. From a magazine I'm sure.
- 12 jalapeno peppers (Fresh)
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal (crushed)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Make a small slit lengthwise on each pepper. Remove seeds and ribs. Rinse and dry well.
- Cook peppers in covered (use plastic wrap) dish in microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- In mixer, beat cheese with 2 tbs water and cilantro until smooth.
- Fill each pepper with 1 Tbs mixture. You can use pastry bag and round tip or a plastic baggie with a corner cut off to do this.
- Coat each pepper in honey mustard then roll in cornflake crumbs.
- Put on greased baking sheet and bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Good gravy, these were good! I used weight watchers spreadable neufchatel cheese and panko crumbs. The peppers I had offered a nice heat in a crispy shell. The centers were creamy, melty goodness. Yum! I appreciated the quick micro steaming method. Do wear gloves though when seeding the peppers. This recipe goes into my keeper file!
My husband loves Jalapenos and we made them and they were great! Thank you for a healthy addition to any meal.