Recipe by HELEN W.
I love these hope you do too. they are fewer in calories than most. Not sure where I got this recipe. From a magazine I'm sure.
Top Review by Susie D
Good gravy, these were good! I used weight watchers spreadable neufchatel cheese and panko crumbs. The peppers I had offered a nice heat in a crispy shell. The centers were creamy, melty goodness. Yum! I appreciated the quick micro steaming method. Do wear gloves though when seeding the peppers. This recipe goes into my keeper file!
- 12 jalapeno peppers (Fresh)
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Make a small slit lengthwise on each pepper. Remove seeds and ribs. Rinse and dry well.
- Cook peppers in covered (use plastic wrap) dish in microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- In mixer, beat cheese with 2 tbs water and cilantro until smooth.
- Fill each pepper with 1 Tbs mixture. You can use pastry bag and round tip or a plastic baggie with a corner cut off to do this.
- Coat each pepper in honey mustard then roll in cornflake crumbs.
- Put on greased baking sheet and bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.