Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These drumsticks are coated with panko crumbs, and it gives it a nice crunch. The removal of the skin and the method of cooking (baking) reduces the messy deep-frying and the fat! Published in Woman's Day (May 2008)
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 2 cups plain panko breadcrumbs (such as Progresso)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks (about 2 1/4 lb)
- Heat oven to 475ºF. You'll need a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil and coated with nonstick spray.
- Slightly beat egg whites and mustard with a fork in a pie plate. Mix crumbs, ginger and garlic powder on a large sheet of wax paper until blended.
- Roll drumsticks in egg white mixture; shake to remove excess. Roll in crumbs, then place on prepared pan. Coat chicken with nonstick spray. Bake 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and coating is browned.
The cook time on this recipe was not correct. I had to cook almost 20 minutes longer than stated in the recipe.
This was lovely chicken. I was out of drumsticks so used two large, skinless chicken breasts. They were crisp, tender, moist, perfectly cooked and extremely flavorful. We enjoyed this quick and easy to make recipe very much. Into my keeper box this goes. Thank you for sharing.