1/1 Photo of Oven-Fried Chicken With Beer and Buttermilk
1 hr 15 mins
Another oven fried chicken recipe. Cooking time does not include time to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large, shallow dish, whisk together lager beer, buttermilk, 1/2 cup herbs, salt and pepper. Add chicken to dish, turning to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Turn chicken occasionally as it marinates.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- 3In shallow dish, place bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 cup of herbs. Stir to distribute herbs evenly.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade and drain. Dip each piece of chicken in the crumbs, rolling to coat all sides thoroughly. Place chicken pieces on sheet pan, leaving space between each piece.
- 5Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken is golden brown on top and cooked through. Baking time will depend on size of chicken pieces. To test for doneness, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. The chicken is done when the temperature registers 160 degrees.
- 6Serve chicken hot, room temperature or cold.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Fried Chicken With Beer and Buttermilk
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.7
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 162.8 mg
- Sodium 1192.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 47.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: