Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Crispy on the outside, moist on the inside. Easy and quick to make and delicious.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets (flounder, cod, halibut,etc.)
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Combine egg, water,Tabasco, and salt, beat until well blended. Dip fish fillets in egg mixture.
- Coat generously with corn flake crumbs.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet; drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
I picked this because it looked "kid-friendly," and I want to introduce my kids to more fish. They were both a bit squeamish of the idea of it, but once they tried it they both were surprised that they liked it! The crisp breading (used the boxed Corn Flake Crumbs, which are very fine) really makes it appear fried. With this success I am going to try to make fish once a week! Thanks a lot Liz. Roxygirl