Recipe by Sharon123
Great to top pies, tarts, cakes, etc. Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens magazine. You can do this with limes and oranges too.
Top Review by Ambervim
This is now my go to for hard candied citrus. I just made kumquat slices and they were great. What I like is the simplicity of this recipe. All the others I found are very fussy and time consuming.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275*F.
- Liine a 15x10x1" baking pan with parchment paper(or wax paper).
- Cut 2 small lemons crosswise into 1/8-1/4 inch thick slices.
- Arrange in a single layer on pan.
- Sprinkle lemon slices with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake in at 275*F. 45-50 minutes or until lemons are almost dry and covered with a sugary glaze. While still warm, loosen slices from paper to prevent sticking.