Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from my 2004 Kraft Kitchens Calendar. I haven't made it because I don't like peppers, but hopefully, some of you will enjoy it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 (11 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) packageoscar mayer smoked ham, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 (8 ounce) packagekraft shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 2minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, ham, corn and bay leaf. Stir. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Season mixture with salt to taste.
- Fill each pepper with 1/4 cup of the tomato mixture and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Place, filled side up, in single layer on greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350* for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with Breakstone's or Knudsen sour cream just before serving.
- If you are unsure how to roast peppers, here are the instructions: Broil until skins are charred or covered with black blisters, turning occasionally. Place them in a sealable sandwich bag and seal. Let them stand for 10 minutes. Remove from bag and rinse with cold water. Remove peels being careful not to break skin. To remove seeds, cut a vertical slit and take out the small seed clusters.