Recipe by BLUE ROSE
A recipe my godchild found on coke recipes
Top Review by Chef Jean
OK, I was definalty a little worried about the diet cola in this recipe, but once I took a bite I was hooked! The chicken was so moist and all the flavors blended so nicely. I do recommend not leaving out the jelapenos because they do balance out the sweetness from the cola. The flour tortillas actually added a great flavor too, I think they worked better than corn chips would have. I added some lettuce and sour cream on top for a great plate of nachos! Made for PAC fall 09.
- 16 fluid ounces Diet Coke
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 12 ounces red bell peppers, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 jalapenos, seeded, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 10 flour tortillas, - (8-inch diameter)
- as needed fat-free nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place diet cola in a saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce in half. Reserve for later.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and sauté chicken until light golden on all sides, about 7-10 minutes. Remove chicken and reserve.
- In same pan, add onions and peppers and sauté for 5 minutes, add garlic. Continue to cook until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken and diet cola reduction, add salt and pepper, toss well and remove from heat. Cover to keep warm while preparing tortillas.
- Place tortilla wedges on non-stick cookie sheets and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F until tortillas are crispy and lightly golden, about 12 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Top with chicken, onions and peppers.