1/1 Photo of Oven-Baked Chicken With Fresh Mozzarella & Tomatoes
Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese turn 'same-old, same-old' baked chicken into HEAVEN ON A PLATE. Serve with a crusty baguette and a fresh tossed green salad for the perfect mid-week meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato (Heirloom tomatoes are a great choice.)
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Coat casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3Combine the first seven (7) ingredients in a shallow dish, stir to mix well.
- 4Dip chicken one piece at a time in the beaten egg and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- 5Place chicken in the prepared casserole dish.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes. Turn up the heat to BROIL; remove chicken and transfer to a piece of foil. Top with tomatoes, mozarella, and vinegar. Finish cooking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- 7Sprinkle with basil and parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Chicken With Fresh Mozzarella & Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.6
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 182.9 mg
- Sodium 700.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 48.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: