Recipe by gussiesmom
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is the busy family's dream meal! These oven-baked croquettes, incredibly quick and easy to prepare, combine down-home comfort and nourishment with uptown pizzazz. Guarantee a sit-down dinner and celebrate family - even in the midst of the most hectic day.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 frozen fully-cooked grilled chicken breast strips, thawed
- 1 cup prepared salsa, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat interior of 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. In large mixing bowl, combine shredded potatoes, eggs, and cheese until well-blended. Divide potato mixture into fourths. Form patties around each chicken strip, completely enclosing the chicken inside potato mixture. Arrange croquettes in prepared baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees. Uncover dish and bake 5 minutes more, or until tops of croquettes are browned and crispy. Serve with warm salsa.