Top Review by LonghornMama
This was OK but didn't work as well as I'd hoped. Used homemade onion soup mix (Recipe #186221) and the bits burned which gave it a wierd flavor. Maybe another seasoning would work better? Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (Substitution: Blend 1 1/2 t lemon juice with enough milk to equal 1/2 cup; let stand 5 minute)
- 3 lbs chicken, Cut into Serving Pcs*
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, Melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine golden onion recipe soup mix with flour; set aside.
- Beat eggs with buttermilk.
- Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk mixture, then flour mixture, coating well.
- Place in large shallow baking pan, on rack, and chill 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with butter, then bake 45 minutes or until well done.
- This is a great recipe for picnics or just eating on the patio.