Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This recipe comes from Teresa Cutter a "healthy eating" nutritionist. My daughter loves banana fritters and this one is low fat and not too much sugar either. Serve with low-fat ice-cream and spoon over passionfruit.
Top Review by IanMuller
I cannot rave about these enough. Banana Fritters have been a dessert favourite in my house all growing up and now, especially with my father. Unfortunately in his elder years, he really has to watch what he eats, and give up a lot of sweet things.<br/>This recipe has been cooked no fewer than 30 times since I introduced to them & I will be surprised if it is not in our family for life. Thank you so much!
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs or 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar or 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 bananas, peeled
- 1 egg white, beaten
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine breadcrumbs/almond meal with the coconut, sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush bananas with egg white and coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on lined baking sheets and spray with vegetable oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.