Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from Teresa Cutter a "healthy eating" nutritionist. My daughter loves banana fritters and this one is low fat and not too much sugar either. Serve with low-fat ice-cream and spoon over passionfruit.
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs or 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar or 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 bananas, peeled
- 1 egg white, beaten
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine breadcrumbs/almond meal with the coconut, sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush bananas with egg white and coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on lined baking sheets and spray with vegetable oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
I cannot rave about these enough. Banana Fritters have been a dessert favourite in my house all growing up and now, especially with my father. Unfortunately in his elder years, he really has to watch what he eats, and give up a lot of sweet things.<br/>This recipe has been cooked no fewer than 30 times since I introduced to them & I will be surprised if it is not in our family for life. Thank you so much!
YES!! YES!! YES!!! YES!!! for me! ABSOLUTELY LOVED this recipe! Used multigrain breadcrumbs and cut bananas in three! Was MUCH easier to coat for me! BROKE pastry brush as started to do! Then thought..easier to roll in egg whites, TRUE! Think would be GREAT fat free maple syrup or fat free preserve fruit! This recipe to me CERTAINLY did suit! THANKS!