Recipe by HisMonie
This is a great stew recipe from an elderly friend who served it for years for her family. I finally got her to share!! This is very easy to prepare, and my family really enjoys it!
Top Review by c_waiting
I got the recipe from my husband's Grandmother and have made it for years. It's the best stew and so easy. I also like to add celery and if you don't have tomato soup you can use tomato sauce and about 1/2 can of water and you can use cornstarch in the place of tapioca.
- 453.59-907.18 g stew meat (I like 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced (white or yellow)
- 473.18 ml carrots (I use the mini carrots)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml tapioca
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper (I use seasoned pepper)
- 297.66 g can tomato soup
- 414.03 ml water