Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a great stew recipe from an elderly friend who served it for years for her family. I finally got her to share!! This is very easy to prepare, and my family really enjoys it!
- 453.59-907.18 g stew meat (I like 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced (white or yellow)
- 473.18 ml carrots (I use the mini carrots)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml tapioca
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper (I use seasoned pepper)
- 297.66 g can tomato soup
- 414.03 ml water
- Combine all above ingredients into a large baking dish; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 5 hours at 250 degrees-- NO PEEKING!
I got the recipe from my husband's Grandmother and have made it for years. It's the best stew and so easy. I also like to add celery and if you don't have tomato soup you can use tomato sauce and about 1/2 can of water and you can use cornstarch in the place of tapioca.
Comfort food! This is the only beef stew recipe ever I make now. Its cooking right now, and smells amazing in here, even though it has 2 hours to go.
Delicious!! This was ridiculously easy to put together and smelled incredible the whole day. My DSs were bugging me for hours about when dinner was happening. Absolute perfect comfort food. Thanks so much for the recipe!