I came up with this cookie today, looking for something decadent yet simple - this was the result. It was called evil, unbelievable, and outstanding... I guess I was successful! Option: You can make triple chocolate pecan brownie cookies by adding one cup of pecans instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 1⁄3 cups Golden Crisco Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine shortening, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for one minute or until creamy.
- Add egges and beat briefly.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture, alternating with milk, beating on low speed about one minute, or until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls, around 2 tsp each, on ungreased cookie sheet, leaving room for them to spread.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies will still look soft and moist when baked, but will be firm when cooled.