I came up with this cookie today, looking for something decadent yet simple - this was the result. It was called evil, unbelievable, and outstanding... I guess I was successful! Option: You can make triple chocolate pecan brownie cookies by adding one cup of pecans instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 1⁄3 cups Golden Crisco Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine shortening, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for one minute or until creamy.
- Add egges and beat briefly.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture, alternating with milk, beating on low speed about one minute, or until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls, around 2 tsp each, on ungreased cookie sheet, leaving room for them to spread.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies will still look soft and moist when baked, but will be firm when cooled.
These little gems, definitely taste like brownies. They are awesome. So rich and decadent. They were the first cookies to go at the party I attended on the weekend. I loved all the different chocolate in the cookies, so yummy. These soft moist cookies were very quick and easy to make. Thanks for sharing. :)
Since these cookies had in them not only the 4 kinds of chips but also the cocoa, I'd call it a bit more then 'quarduple' but I'm not knockin' it ~ THESE ARE DEFINITELY, SINFULLY SATISFYING, & a chocoholic's dream come true! Easy to make & a great treat! Thanks for a wonderful keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]