Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Martha Stewart. Fabulous Cookies and a really nice change from chocolate chip cookies
Make and share this Outrageous Chocolate Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped or 8 ounces chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat chopped chocolate and butter in microwave safe bowl. Stir every 20 seconds until almost melted. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla at high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocalte mixture. Mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in choclate chips.
- Drop by spoonful onto a baking sheet - 2 -3 inches apart. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until cookies are shiny and crackly but soft in the middle. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to rack to cool.