Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An original recipe. Serves well as a side dish as well as a salad.
- 2 apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 orange, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (more if you like tart)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Mix together the molasses, oil, and vinegar.
- Mix together the fuit and nuts.
- Toss fruit combination with the dressing.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving.
Sweet combination with the bonus of having the balsamic vinegar disguise any discoloration of the apples, which is fairly minor because of the oranges. Next time I'd reduce the molasses to 2tsp.