Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
We concocted this recipe after eating Dirty Dick's Crabhouse "spiced Shrimp" in Avon, NC. It's not really Spicy although the name may lend one to think so. It packs a whop of flavor though!
- 3 lbs large shrimp, unshelled
- 1 (8 ounce) can beer (lite, bud, whatever...)
- 2 -3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill weed (dried)
- 3 -4 cups water
- Bring water and beer to a boil.
- Add shrimp.
- Dose liberally with all herbs and spices. Adding more or less to taste.
- Let shrimp cook 3-5 minutes until pink.
- Serve with clarified butter/ ghee andcocktail sauce.
This was fantastic. I have always steamed shrimp and I recently came back from the outer banks. I have eaten at dirty Dicks an pops in Avon. Always wondered how they got it so tasty and not dry or mushy. I would do this again and the wife agrees.