A copycat recipe of the wonderful cheesy onion soup at Outback; found online. Stores in fridge for up to 2-3 days but does not freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup colby cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1Combine broth, cornstarch, and sage in blender/food processor.
- 2In the top pan of a double boiler, combine broth mixture with canned soups.
- 3Mix well over medium heat.
- 4When warmed through, stir in cheese and heat until melted.
- 5Pour into oven-proof bowls.
- 6Broil in oven until tops are lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outback Creamy Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 1369.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g