Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is so delicious and is easy to make! I never have to worry about leftovers when I make this hit!!
- Put the chicken and onion in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover it.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer just until the chicken shows no signs of pink, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool in the liquid.
- Cut the meat into 3/4 inch pieces and let them cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, garlic, eggs, and relish together.
- Stir in the mayonnaise.
- Cover and refrigerate until it's chilled, about an hour.
- Eat and enjoy!
The flavor of this was really good. I thought it was too gloppy and too salty BUT I made it with leftover cooked chicken breasts (skipping the onion and the cooking step) and probably only had the equivalent of two breasts worth of meat. Next time I make this I will follow the recipe more closely and update my review.
Simple and good! I really like poaching the chicken because it comes out so moist and tender. I made DH a sandwich without the eggs, but made mine a salad (with the eggs, lol). This was really good with sliced apples alongside. Thanks Chef Nichol for a keeper. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
Such a simple recipe, but it's so good! Kind of sweet and a little tangy. The kids agree...this makes a great sandwich. I'll make this again when I have chicken leftovers. Thanx for sharing.