Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I once got my husband to drive the car all night to get us home and all I had to do was promise I would make these when we got home!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, shortening, brown and white sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Slowly add flour (don't over work the flour).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- form into balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheet 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, When you take them out they are not going to look done at all, but DON'T put them back in!
- Leave them to cool on cookie tray for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cool spot, Wait 10 minutes more (the wait it worth the difference, they will still be warm, don't worry!).
- Get a glass of milk.