Osso Bucco Loaf With Gremolata Tomato Gravy
- Preaheat oven to 350°.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet; cook the carrots, onion, fennel, and 1 tablespoon minced garlic, partially covered, over med-low heat for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- In a mixing bowl, use your hands to combine the veal, beef, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup parsley, salt, pepper, eggs, and about half the cooked vegetables (leave the remaining vegetables in the skillet for later use).
- Pat meat into a 9x5 inch loaf pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the meatloaf is firm, the top is browned, and it tests done.
- While the meatloaf is baking, add the lemon zest, tomatoes with juice, wine, remaining 1/4 cup parsley, and remaining 2 tablespoons garlic to the vegetables in the skillet.
- Bring to a simmer and cook over med-low heat, for 15 minutes or until the sauce is slightly reduced--stir occasionally.
- Let the meatloaf stand in pan for 10 minutes; slice and serve with the sauce spooned on top.