From Food Network website. I love this recipe.
Make and share this Orzo Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or other)
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pour the broth into a heavy saucepan. Cover the pan and bring the broth to a boil over a high heat. Stir in the orzo. Cover partially and cook until the orzo is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring frequently- about 7 minutes.
- Drain orzo through a strainer. Transfer orzo to a large wide bowl and toss until the orzo cools slightly. Set aside to cool completely.
- Toss the orzo with the beans, tomatoes, onion, basil, mint; set aside.
- Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add enough vinaigrette to orzo mixture to cover. Will most likely not need all of the vinaigrette.