1/1 Photo of Orzo Salad
From Food Network website. I love this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or other)
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Pour the broth into a heavy saucepan. Cover the pan and bring the broth to a boil over a high heat. Stir in the orzo. Cover partially and cook until the orzo is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring frequently- about 7 minutes.
- 2Drain orzo through a strainer. Transfer orzo to a large wide bowl and toss until the orzo cools slightly. Set aside to cool completely.
- 3Toss the orzo with the beans, tomatoes, onion, basil, mint; set aside.
- 4Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- 5Add enough vinaigrette to orzo mixture to cover. Will most likely not need all of the vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.0
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 1533.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: