Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different easy salad for those lovely summer days! Cook time does not include chilling time.
Make and share this Orzo Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup risoni
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons dill (chopped) or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (I like to use freshly ground black pepper)
- 1 tomatoes (diced)
- Cook Risoni according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add feta cheese, parsley and dill.
- In a container shake together the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour this over the salad and toss.
- Place in fridge to chill.
- Before serving toss again and decorate with the diced tomato on top.
This salad is so tasty and refreshing. I used EVOO in place of the salad oil, elminated the salt (dietary resons)and added Lots of cherry tomatoes right from the vine. I made this a couple of days ahead, and the flavors blended nicely. Rveryone loved it. Thanks for sharing.
I made this and packed it in a ziploc to take camping with us. We were with a group of 3 families and not a single person had anything but praise for this salad. I love easy, and I love make ahead. This was both with great flavor!! Thanks Jen!
This was fabulous! Everyone loved it, especially when it was 110 outside. I really enjoyed the fresh dill and parsley. The only minor changes I made was to use very good, first cold press olive oil in place of salad oil. Also, I always use fresh herbs and flat leaf parsley in place of the more traditional curly leaf. Thanks for posting!