Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to make, gives Spam a good name! Wonderful brown sugar-based sauce. A can of mandarin oranges can be substituted for the pineapple slices. This can be cooked in microwave for about 10-12 minutes at 70% power, instead of baking in oven.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans (I like Bush's brand)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam
- 4 -6 pineapple slices
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Pour beans in 12" X 8" baking dish.
- Slice meat into 8-12 pieces. Place in center of beans in overlapping slices.
- Cut pineapple slices in half and arrange around edge.
- Make a paste of last 3 ingredients. Spread over meat.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
I've never had spam before, but after eating this I love it. This was a perfect way of preparing it, and it has kickstarted my new obsession with spam. Thanks for posting.
This is wonderful. There are times when nothing beats comfort. The recipe was reduced to 2 servings and made a very nice lunch for DH and me. It was served with Apple Cabbage Salad and they complimented each other well. I will save this for those Spam cravings. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*
Ok, I know people make fun of Spam, but this recipe was really good. I had this quick and easy dish for lunch, and it was very tasty. Thanks for posting this recipe. Adopted for PAC April 2008.