Recipe by Charlotte J
This chicken dinner is worth the wait.
Top Review by Lacy S.
This was the best sesame chicken I have ever had! It was so easy and everyone agreed it was definitely a recipe we will use often! Substituted olive oil to brown the chicken instead of butter because we were out of butter. Next time I will mix the oranges into the sauce before pouring over the chicken and leave out the water chestnuts. They were okay but didn't really add anything special to the dish. Thank you for posting this amazing recipe!
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter in skillet and brown chicken.
- Arrange in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In saucepan mix marmalade, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and soy sauce.
- Bring to boil and pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
- Add mandarin orange segments and water chestnuts.
- Continue to bake another 10 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.