Recipe by KeyWee
This recipe comes from the Oct/Nov issue of Taste of Home. I have not tried it but wanted it in My Cookbook as DH is a huge pot roast fan and I am always looking for something different. There didn't seem to be a similar recipe on Zaar, so if you try this, let us know what you think!
Top Review by AmandaInOz
Nice moist beef roast! We really enjoyed the pineapple flavour of the sauce, and the meat was very tender. I saw carrots listed in the instructions, but there were no carrots listed in the ingredients, so I hadn't bought any. Overall, a nice recipe. Thanks KeyWee!
- 3 lbs rump roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap pea
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides, then drain.
- Add onion.
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice, and set pineapple aside.
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic and ginger, and pour over roast.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add celery and carrots, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the peas, mushrooms and reserved pineapple.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes more or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat, vegetables and pineapple from pan and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water and add to drippings in pan.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir until thickened.
- Serve gravy with meat, vegetables and pineapple.