Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I believe this recipe was already paired together with the Orange Marmalade Chicken recipe (#178046) when my mom discovered them in the Winnipeg Free Press. I prefer to add fresh chopped red pepper and celery for a bit of extra crunch. Water chestnuts are good in here, too.
- 1 cup rice (NOT instant)
- 0.5 (60 g) package dry onion soup mix (what's left from the Orange Marmalade Chicken recipe!)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 cups water (use reserved liquid from canned mushrooms plus water to make 2 cups)
- Combine and mix well in 1 liter casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 40 minutes or until done.