This is this week's recipe in the weekly column 'Slim Lines' of the Thursday magazine on how to lose weight and get fit and healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 230 g portabella mushrooms
- 230 g shiitake mushrooms
- 230 g button mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 230 g soft tofu, drained
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, grated
- 6 cups linguine
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1Heat oil in a saute pan or wok.
- 2Add garlic and onion to it.
- 3Saute for 5-7 minutes until the raw smell of garlic is gone and the onion is softened.
- 4Add mushrooms (reserving a few mushroom slices).
- 5Cook for 10 minutes or until tender on medium flame.
- 6Stir in dill weed, salt and pepper.
- 7While mushrooms are cooking, put tofu, sour cream, milk and flour in a blender.
- 9Blend on medium speed until smooth.
- 10Put this tofu mixture over the mushroom mixture.
- 11Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened.
- 12Transfer this entire mixture over hot cooked linguini.
- 13Sprinkle orange peel over this.
- 14In a separate pan, saute the yellow bell pepper in 2 tsps.
- 15of oil until tender.
- 16Dot the top of the linguini mixture with these slices.
- 17For added colour, place a few orange slices on the platter before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Mushroom And tofu
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 432.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: