Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is this week's recipe in the weekly column 'Slim Lines' of the Thursday magazine on how to lose weight and get fit and healthy.
- 230 g portabella mushrooms
- 230 g shiitake mushrooms
- 230 g button mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 230 g soft tofu, drained
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, grated
- 6 cups linguine
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saute pan or wok.
- Add garlic and onion to it.
- Saute for 5-7 minutes until the raw smell of garlic is gone and the onion is softened.
- Add mushrooms (reserving a few mushroom slices).
- Cook for 10 minutes or until tender on medium flame.
- Stir in dill weed, salt and pepper.
- While mushrooms are cooking, put tofu, sour cream, milk and flour in a blender.
- Blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Put this tofu mixture over the mushroom mixture.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened.
- Transfer this entire mixture over hot cooked linguini.
- Sprinkle orange peel over this.
- In a separate pan, saute the yellow bell pepper in 2 tsps.
- of oil until tender.
- Dot the top of the linguini mixture with these slices.
- For added colour, place a few orange slices on the platter before serving.