Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is this week's recipe in the weekly column 'Slim Lines' of the Thursday magazine on how to lose weight and get fit and healthy.
- 230 g portabella mushrooms
- 230 g shiitake mushrooms
- 230 g button mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 230 g soft tofu, drained
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, grated
- 6 cups linguine
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Heat oil in a saute pan or wok.
- Add garlic and onion to it.
- Saute for 5-7 minutes until the raw smell of garlic is gone and the onion is softened.
- Add mushrooms (reserving a few mushroom slices).
- Cook for 10 minutes or until tender on medium flame.
- Stir in dill weed, salt and pepper.
- While mushrooms are cooking, put tofu, sour cream, milk and flour in a blender.
- Blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Put this tofu mixture over the mushroom mixture.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened.
- Transfer this entire mixture over hot cooked linguini.
- Sprinkle orange peel over this.
- In a separate pan, saute the yellow bell pepper in 2 tsps.
- of oil until tender.
- Dot the top of the linguini mixture with these slices.
- For added colour, place a few orange slices on the platter before serving.