Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a very tasty, quick and easy recipe to throw together. I serve it in iceberg lettuce leaves as a great low carb meal, but if prefer carbs it is great served with noodles.
Top Review by Elmotoo
what fun!!! i had 1lb packages of ground pork and ground chicken (instead of veal) so i sort of adjusted accordingly. I used 2 bell peppers & 2 cans of bean sprouts since i couldn't get fresh. :(dh's comment was that he usually doesn't like lettuce wraps but loved this. THERE WERE NO LEFTOVERS!! My wok was full....2lbs of meat plus all the other stuff....GONE. I think that says it all. ;) absolutely delicious! thank you! made for Aussie Swap 7/11.
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 350 g pork mince
- 300 g veal mince
- 50 ml soy sauce (low sodium works best with this but regular is fine)
- 59.14 ml oyster sauce
- 59.14 ml hoisin sauce
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 300 g bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame seeds
- 8 leaf iceberg lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pan or wok, stir-fry onion and garlic until onion is soft, add both minces and stir-fry until cooked through.
- Add capsicum and sauces, reduce to a simmer, cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 4-5 Min’s.
- Add sprouts and cook until they soften slightly but are still crunchy, stir in green onions and seeds.
- Divide lettuce leaves among plates and spoon pork mixture into leaves.
- Tip: After removing outer dead leaves, cut the end off lettuce and hold under cold running water, the leaves will fall off one by one, intact.