Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple salad to serve with smoked salmon as a starter.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chili, deseeded and minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Place cucumbers in bowl. Add salt, toss and chill 1 hour.
- Drain cucumbers and return to bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour over cucumbers and toss to coat.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead and refrigerated.
A good salad. I only used 1 tsp of sesame oil, and you could still really taste the flavor. Fed 2-3 as a main side dish.