Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice change from a traditional cole slaw. A definate hit at all bbq's and pot lucks.
Make and share this Oriental Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head cabbage or 1 head bagged coleslaw mix (about 4-6 cups)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles (save broth mix from ONE pkg for dressing)
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 jar sesame seeds
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 5 -6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Roast almonds and seeds in oven@350 15-20 minutes.
- Add to cabbage onions and broken noodles.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture.
- Refrigerate thoroughly before serving.
- *I usually cook the noodles for about 1 minute, and than rinse throughly in cold water.
We really enjoyed this salad! The extra crunch from the toasted almonds really sets it apart from other asian slaw recipes I have tried. I only used 2/3 cup oil (1 tablespoon of sesame oil, for a little extra sesame kick, and the balance of the oil was canola) and next time I may cut it back 1/2 cup or less.
This salad was easy to make and has a light, sweet and tangy taste which went wonderfully with the toasted almonds and sesame seeds. Delicious!!!