Recipe by Lauriann Mosillami
This is a nice change from a traditional cole slaw. A definate hit at all bbq's and pot lucks.
Top Review by Mercy
We really enjoyed this salad! The extra crunch from the toasted almonds really sets it apart from other asian slaw recipes I have tried. I only used 2/3 cup oil (1 tablespoon of sesame oil, for a little extra sesame kick, and the balance of the oil was canola) and next time I may cut it back 1/2 cup or less.
- 1 head cabbage or 1 head bagged coleslaw mix (about 4-6 cups)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles (save broth mix from ONE pkg for dressing)
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 jar sesame seeds
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 5 -6 tablespoons rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast almonds and seeds in oven@350 15-20 minutes.
- Add to cabbage onions and broken noodles.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture.
- Refrigerate thoroughly before serving.
- *I usually cook the noodles for about 1 minute, and than rinse throughly in cold water.