Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great WW recipe - only 5 points a serving!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless chicken, parts
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in 6x10 baking dish. Sprinkle with onion flakes.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey and garlic powder and pour mixture evenly over chicken. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Spread green peppers and mushrooms evenly over chicken, and continue to bake, covered 20 or more minutes until mushrooms are tender.
DH & I enjoyed the combination of soy sauce, honey and mushrooms, plus the diet advantages of the recipe's simplicity. For this recipe, I recommend using thick chicken breasts rather than the more petite select size, as my chicken overcooked. I will try this again, shortening the initial time. Thanks for posting, Redsie. Made due to TeresaS's review for I Recommend Tag.
This was very moist and tender. Everything blended well together. Nothing was overpowering. This did not have what I would call an oriental taste but it sure was good. This is a keeper. Thanks Redsie for another great recipe.
I really liked the combination of the honey and soy and instead of onion flakes and I used a clove of garlic as well with the powder. I prefer red peppers so those were substituted as well. Thanks for the great recipe.