Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious and easy chinese chicken curry to save you getting a take away in!
- 50 g creamed coconut, cut into chunks
- 300 ml boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used sesame oil)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Place the creamed coconut in a bowl and stir in the water. When dissolved stir in the curry powder, chinese 5 spice and ginger. Add the chicken and allow to marinate for an hour.
- Heat the oil in a wok or pan. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook in the wok/pan for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Reduce the heat, add the marinade and the soy sauce. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and the coriander.
- Serve with boiled rice or home cooked egg fried rice.