Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posting this here for safe keeping. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds quick and easy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic (can go up to 1 teaspoon)
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter.
- Combine the teriyaki sauce, water, marmalade, and garlic in a bowl; pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the juices run clear on the chicken.
- *I was thinking of trying this with sugar free marmalade for a more diabetic friendly recipe*.
Made this last night delicious, I had some left over fried rice, I had made the night before and wanted to use up. I was looking for something to go with it, that was quick easy and tasted good. I was a little skeptical mixing marmalade with teriyaki sauce, but it was great. The only thing I found was the marmalade did make it a little bitter so I added 1/2 tablespoon of sugar just to take the edge off and it was perfect. Thumbs up all round the table a wonderful mid week meal that's on the table in minutes and tastes great. Will definitely make again thanks for posting.