Recipe by Secret Agent
I found this recipe on the internet shortly after Al Gore invented it. It was a restaurant recipe that made four pies so I reduced it down to one pie. So easy to prepare and totally yummy. I served it to my father and one of his friends and they loved it. Make it the day before so it freezes hard. This makes a big pie! Times do not include freezing.
- 1 Oreo cookie pie crust (baked in a 350* oven for 8 to 10 minutes)
- 1 pint Orange sherbet, softened
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- chocolate curls (to garnish)
- Hershey's syrup (to garnish)
- candied orange peel (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix one pint of sherbet with one pint of ice cream and spread over the crust.
- Spread rest of the ice cream over the second layer.
- 'Frost' with Cool Whip and press the cookies up on end around the edge of the pie.
- Freeze hard and then wrap in plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- To Serve:.
- Let pie stand on the counter for 15 - 20 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife which has been dipped into hot water, wiping the blade between cuts. (Put the hot water in a tall glass or jar so the knife fits into it). If you are serving the entire pie, pile up chocolate curls on top. For serving a slice at a time, squirt some Hershey's syrup on a plate and set the slice on top of it and garnish with orange peel. Use a channel knife to get nice long strips.