1/2 Photos of Oreo Cookies Oreos
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
Got this from a girlfriend who had just made them and loved them. As written, this recipe makes rather large cookies as they spread to about 2 1/2 inches. If you try to make traditional size Oreos, cut the baking time back significantly. At 12 minutes, my smaller cookies were burnt, so next time I'm going to check them at 5-7 minutes. My dad and DH, both huge Oreo fans, said they didn't taste just like the store-bought version, but they tasted better. :) They are best chilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter (room temp)
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 ounces chocolate chips, melted
- 1Cookies: Cream butter& sugar together.
- 2Add eggs and water, beat together.
- 3Add melted chocolate until combined.
- 4Add flour& baking soda, beat.
- 5Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- 6Scoop rounded teaspoon onto sheet.
- 7Press each cookie with bottom of a glass until it forms a round 1 1/2" in diameter.
- 8Bake 17 minutes at 375°F, cool completely on rack.
- 9Filling: Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- 10Fill cookies and allow to set for 2- 3 hours (or refrigerate for 1 hour).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oreo Cookies Oreos
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 129.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g