Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Got this from a girlfriend who had just made them and loved them. As written, this recipe makes rather large cookies as they spread to about 2 1/2 inches. If you try to make traditional size Oreos, cut the baking time back significantly. At 12 minutes, my smaller cookies were burnt, so next time I'm going to check them at 5-7 minutes. My dad and DH, both huge Oreo fans, said they didn't taste just like the store-bought version, but they tasted better. :) They are best chilled.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter (room temp)
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 ounces chocolate chips, melted
- 8 tablespoons butter (room temp)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons light cream, plus
- 2 teaspoons light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cookies: Cream butter& sugar together.
- Add eggs and water, beat together.
- Add melted chocolate until combined.
- Add flour& baking soda, beat.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- Scoop rounded teaspoon onto sheet.
- Press each cookie with bottom of a glass until it forms a round 1 1/2" in diameter.
- Bake 17 minutes at 375°F, cool completely on rack.
- Filling: Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Fill cookies and allow to set for 2- 3 hours (or refrigerate for 1 hour).