Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Party size Creme Brulee made with Oreo cookies.
- 12 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 quarts heavy cream, scalded
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 6 ounces flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 lb Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- whipped cream, garnish
- coconut, toasted, garnish
- In a large mixer, on low speed, beat the egg yolks and sugar, lightly. Add the cream gradually until completely combined. Mix in the coconut products and the cookie pieces.
- Pour into 4 ounce ramekins in a hot water bath. Bake at 325F for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from water bath and cool for 10 minutes. Refrigerate until needed.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar over the surface and caramelize with a broiler or blow torch. Garnish with whipped cream, coconut and cookie pieces.