Recipe by That is Dr House to you
The Oregon Hazelnut Industry recipe that can be made ahead, frozen [not baked covered with aluminum foil] Do not defrost. Bake 10 to 15 minutes more. If using frozen veggies, thaw, drain well but do not precook.
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped thawed and drained or 10 ounces frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower, sliced thawed and drained or 10 ounces frozen cauliflower, thawed and drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped thawed and drained or 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Precook broccoli and cauliflower until almost tender about 5 minutes then drain well.
- Combine broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, onion, green pepper and cheese.
- Divide into two 8inch pie pans [well greased].
- Top with hazelnuts.
- Beat together milk, Bisquick, eggs, garlic salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 400ºF for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting.