Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Food Network
- 1 cup dried orecchiette
- 2 cups mixed salad greens, Mediterranean-style
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (packed in olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the water.
- In medium bowl, mix the salad greens with the sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, and Parmesan. Top with warm pasta and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss to combine and wilt the greens. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper, or to taste. Garnish with additional Parmesan, if desired, and serve.
This is a Giada De Laurentiis recipe from a Food Network 'Everyday Italian' episode about cooking for one. I tried it after seeing it on there and it is the most fabulous, easy and quick recipe ever. Thanks for posting it!
This was very good and a great light dinner....We really enjoyed it.