1 hr 15 mins
Its salad time! A great pasta salad that is different that your typical pasta salad. Great on a hot summer day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small carrots
- 1/4 lb escarole
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes (I like plum or 4 medium beef steaks)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 lb orecchiette
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, if you love garlic add more
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 lb feta cheese, crumbled I tend to add more
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, taste
- 1Wash and dice zucchini and carrots and then scald them in boiling water just until tender. Drain, cool and set aside.
- 2Wash and drain the escarole. Coarsley chop it and set aside.
- 3Dice the tomatoes and place them in a sieve to drain some of the juice, set aside.
- 4Wash the cucumber, pat dry and dice leaving the skin on or if you prefer off, and set aside.
- 5Cook the pasta in boiling water according to directions on box to al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain thoroughly.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, mix the orecchiette with the cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, escarole, garlic, basil and cheese.
- 7Toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 8Chill in refrigerator, and serve cold.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orecchiette Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.2
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 360.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 21.8 g