Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Its salad time! A great pasta salad that is different that your typical pasta salad. Great on a hot summer day.
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small carrots
- 1⁄4 lb escarole
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes (I like plum or 4 medium beef steaks)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 lb orecchiette
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, if you love garlic add more
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled I tend to add more
- 1⁄2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, taste
- Wash and dice zucchini and carrots and then scald them in boiling water just until tender. Drain, cool and set aside.
- Wash and drain the escarole. Coarsley chop it and set aside.
- Dice the tomatoes and place them in a sieve to drain some of the juice, set aside.
- Wash the cucumber, pat dry and dice leaving the skin on or if you prefer off, and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to directions on box to al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the orecchiette with the cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, escarole, garlic, basil and cheese.
- Toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Chill in refrigerator, and serve cold.