Recipe by Sharon123
Yum, a great salad! Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray.
Top Review by PaulaG
I love Rachel Ray and her recipes. For the greens I used a salad blend. The sharp cheddar adds a wonderful contrast to the sweetness of the fruit. I had some leftover dressing and made a version of this salad the next day adding in candied pecans and craisins. Delicious. Made for Zaar Stars in Cooking Games with Friends.
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 crisp red apple, thinly sliced (such as McIntosh or Paula Red)
- 1 Anjou pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- coarse black pepper
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop lettuce.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over apples and pears and toss with greens.
- Combine cider, vinegar and sugar in a bowl and whisk in oil in a slow stream.
- Pour dressing over salad, season with salt and pepper, toss to combine and coat evenly.
- Serve salad with a garnish of sliced sharp cheddar cheese.